How Often Should You Change Your Oil?
Part of keeping up with routine maintenance is following recommended oil change intervals. Oil change frequency used to be recommended every 3,000 miles, but recent developments in oil and engine technology have expanded that timeframe. Today, it’s typical for cars to go up to 7,500-10,000 miles between oil changes, and those who utilize synthetic oil will be able to push that interval to the limit. It’s worth noting, however, that these intervals are suggestions. It’s important to read your owner’s manual to learn more about how often you should change your oil, and find out what kind of synthetic oil is required for your Maserati.
What to Consider About Oil Changes
Again, 7,000 to 10,000 miles is a blanket interval. You may need to schedule more frequent oil changes if you use your car for any of the following:
- Off-roading around Dallas or El Paso
- Auto racing or performance driving
- Towing heavy machinery
When in doubt, contact the certified service technicians at Maserati of Austin. We can help you determine your car’s oil change frequency.
Maserati Oil Change Tips and FAQs
An oil change is one of the simplest services performed on your vehicle, but there are a few things to keep in mind:
- How long can you go without an oil change? Even if you don’t drive every day, you’ll need to change the engine oil at least twice a year. Oil continues to break down even if the engine isn’t in use.
- How often should you change your oil filter? Whenever you’re taking the time to change your oil, you should make sure that you swap out your oil filter, too! Oil filter changes are always part of your regular oil change at Maserati of Austin. Taking care of this crucial step at home? Our Maserati parts center offers a wide selection of Maserati parts, including oil filters and approved synthetic motor oils.
- Wondering if your vehicle needs synthetic vs. conventional oil? Read your owner’s manual or consult with one of our technicians. Typically, synthetic oil is costlier, but it also lasts longer. All Maserati vehicles currently require a synthetic product.
- How long does an oil change take? We’ll do everything in our power to get you in and out quickly, but the length of your wait may vary depending on how busy we are. For current wait times and up-to-the-minute estimates, give us a call at (866) 754-8707. Remember, you may want to plan for a longer visit if you’re due for tire rotation.
- Can you change the oil in your Maserati at home? If you have the tools you need on hand, it is certainly possible to change your oil at home. However, since every Maserati is protected by an engine under guard, you might find the process to be difficult and time-consuming. Interested in saving on maintenance? It’s easier to perform your regular tire rotation at home.
When to Check the Oil Level
You’ll want to examine your car’s oil level at least once a month. This is the best way to detect possible leaks, which if left uncorrected, could cause serious engine wear. Without the right amount of motor oil, the engine can’t operate safely and efficiently. When checking the oil level, remember to also check the oil color. It’s time for a change if the oil is dark brown or black; his means the oil is dirty and no longer useable. Schedule a service appointment if you need a top-up or if you notice another oil-related issue.
Your Maserati most likely includes an electronic oil monitor that can tell you when your levels are low! If that light comes on, you’ll need to carefully add more oil or make an appointment as soon as possible.
Schedule an Oil Change at Maserati of Austin Today!
Still not sure of how often you should change your oil? 7,500 to 10,000 miles is an useful benchmark, but ultimately, how you drive and where you drive can have a pretty significant impact on your interval. Always rely on your vehicle’s indicators, warning lights, and owner’s manual when you’re determining how often to pay us a visit.
To learn more about oil change prices, oil change frequency, or our service specials, contact us at Maserati of Austin or set up an appointment today. We’re easy to reach from San Antonio or Houston, and we can also answer any other service-related questions on your mind! Start up a conversation today.
Service Specials at Maserati of Austin
We are currently updating our Service Specials. Please check back soon.