How to Install a Car Battery
- Battery cleaning solution
- Dry cleaning cloth
- New battery
- Wire brush
- Anti-corrosion spray
Once you have the materials you need, follow the steps below to learn how to install a car battery.
Step-By-Step Guide to Installing a Car Battery
- First, make sure the engine is turned off and the parking brake has been applied. Then, pop the hood and find the battery (refer to your owner’s manual if you’re having trouble). Using the wrench, loosen the nut that connects the black cable (negative cable) from the battery. A wrench designed for car batteries or even the pliers can be helpful here.
- After the nut has been loosened, twist and pull the cable off. If it won’t come right off, do not use a screwdriver to pry it off. You’ll damage the battery.
- Repeating the same process, remove the red battery cable (positive cable) from the positive terminal.
- Loosen and remove the clamps that keep the battery from moving around under the hood.
- Use both hands to remove the battery. Bear in mind that car batteries can weigh around 40 pounds.
- Remove any corrosion from the battery tray or hold-down clamp. To do this, you can simply mix baking soda and water, or use a battery cleaning product.
- Using a wire brush, clean the battery cable connectors with the same cleaning solution/product.
- The new battery is ready to be installed. Carefully place it in the battery tray and tighten the hold-down clamp.
- Before you connect the positive and negative terminals/cables, spray the anti-corrosion spray on the terminals. This can lengthen the life of the battery by preventing corrosion build-up.
- Attach the battery cables to the battery terminals. First, connect the red cable and then the black cable.
- Make sure the connections are secure. Try to move the battery; if it won’t budge, it’s secure and good to go.
- Make sure you’re able to start the car. Should you encounter any problems, schedule a service appointment at Maserati of Austin, and our factory-trained technicians will diagnose the issue.
Choose Maserati of Austin for Expert Battery Service
Would you rather leave battery installation to the professionals? The next time you’re wondering, “Where can I find car battery installation near me” — keep us in mind! Our team knows how to install a car battery quickly, so you can get back on Houston and Dallas roads in record time. Contact our service team to learn more about our services or to find out how to remove corrosion from your car battery!
More From Maserati of Austin
View Ghibli InventoryContact Us For decades, Maserati has produced several champion sports cars. The latest roster is no different. One of the standouts for drivers in Austin is the Maserati Ghibli, which offers incredible 0-60 stats. One of the most unique and identifiable premium luxury vehicles on the road, Maserati Ghibli 0 to 60 times…
Contact Us Find Your New Ghibli It’s easy to fall in love with the 2020 Maserati Ghibli interior. After all, this model delivers everything that San Antonio-area drivers could ask for in a high-end luxury sedan, without compromising on performance or style. If you’re ready to take a closer look, read on! We know you’ll love…
Learn MoreNew Levante Inventory With over 70 years of Italian ingenuity at its heart, the Maserati GranTurismo is the offspring of the original luxury coupe with a race car’s heart in San Antonio. The GranTurismo at Maserati of Austin is here to make your heart race along with its engine, built at the Ferrari factory in Maranello, Italy….